Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter, Bucky, Teeth

I had some oral surgery on Thursday. My jaw is so swollen and it hurts something awful. I had my bottom wisdom teeth pulled and a couple others. The one on the left was impacted. I think they broke my jaw. *whine* *pout* Shawn and I went shopping yesterday. We were probably out for two hours and it was way too much for me. Dental work doesn't usually bother me so I'm a bit surprised by how this is playing out. I love ham and I am very bummed that I won't get to eat any. I told Shawn we have to buy a ham so we can have ham dinner when I'm able to chew. We're going to his parents' house and I'm not sure what to wear. I'm not sure why I care either. I don't think I ever give my Easter outfit much thought. I know I have to wear my hair down to hide some of the swelling. I think for kicks when his family asks what happened to my jaw, I'm going to tell them Shawn punched me. I deserve to get some enjoyment out of this day, don't I?

I think I'm over my Bucky temper tantrum. I think. There's still some hostility there but I'm pretty sure I can take the negative comments just fine. He's got some calls coming in and he will have no troubles whatsoever finding a label. I was becoming one of those AI conspiracy theorists so I had to climb off my high horse for a second and realize that it's not a conspiracy. Truth is not everybody has good taste. Then I realized the only conspiracy was that he didn't get pimped in the beginning, or at all for that matter, until the Ford/golf commercial. Too little too late. Ah well. Top 8 is nothing to choke at. Top 8 with no help from production or the judges. Good for him. I was quoted in his hometown newspaper. *proud grin* He's got a fan in me wherever this little journey takes him. Some/most of his fans on the fansite are Chris haters and I don't like that much but whatever. I can't even go to the Chris fansite anymore because it's a bunch of girls talking about how gorgeous he is. That's all well and good but it's a fansite. Talk about his talent on occasion. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to watch AI but I've decided to give it a shot. My rankings will look like this "Chris, Elliot, Taylor, Katharine, the rest" week after week because it doesn't really matter. I'm kinda tempted to vote for Ace for two hours straight. Just because they made him look like an asshole when they didn't need to because he has been doing just fine on his own. But if anybody gets my votes (which is doubtful), it will be Chris.

Oh well. Time to go grab an icepack and hold it to my jaw again. This will all be worth it some day, I hope. The day when my mouth isn't hideously grotesque, I'll think back to the Easter Sunday that I couldn't eat ham and it will all be worth it. *grumble*

9 comments:

Bravie said...

I don't think I'll be eating much today either as I had planned. My SIL is making lamb. Icky. I don't like lamb. I guess I'll drink my Easter dinner. I hope she has ham for those who don't like lamb. Poor Michelle, she doesn't like ham or lamb. I don't even want to go today to be honest. It's raining and cold and I have a million little things that I could do around the house. *sigh*
Keep up the icepacks and yes, tell them that Shawn socked you.
*smooch* Have a good day.

Glowie said...

I did nibble on some ham and Shawn's cousin's husband, who is also Shawn's boss, John, told a few people that Shawn punched me. It was amusing.

Did you have ham, Sunshine? I don't like lamb either. blech.

We had a beautiful warm sunny day here. *smooch*

Puffy said...

With your swollen jaw, you could eat the Green Eggs part of "Green Eggs and Ham." Or pretend that you're on Fear Factor and drink a Ham Shake.

Glowie said...

ewww. Ham shake? I couldn't do that anyway because I'm not allowed to suck. *giggle*

mtw said...

We had an Easter Party and served spaghetti! Yes, the traditional Easter spaghetti dinner.

I told DW if we were having spaghetti, then I was going to have to make a ham sauce to go with it. I don't think she understood it was a joke.

(BTW, I mentioned you on my blog a couple of posts ago)

mm said...

I love the new Bucky icon pic thingy!

Sorry about the teeth! I haven't had anything that painful done before, but I do have some lower wisdom teeth that need pulled. Now I don't want to.

*smooch*

Glowie said...

LOL, MTW. Ham sauce. ewww. You mentioned me? uh oh.

MM! If they're not impacted, it's no big deal at all. *smooch*

Jen said...

Where did this post come from? I swear it wasn't here when I checked last night. Are you playing tricks on me? *squinty eyes*

I sorry about your jaw. Hopefully this is the worst of the stuff you're having done. *smooch*

Glowie said...

It was here last night. *grin*

This should be the worst of it, yes. I just talked to a girl from oral surgery and she said a week or a little longer is normal for the swelling. At least I know it's normal.