I'm SO sorry, Kris. I jinx my favorite sports guys. As soon as I come out and say, "Yes, he's my favorite," they get hurt (or eventually end up shooting themselves in the leg). Now, I know it's hockey and he dishes it (one of the reasons I love him) so he's going to get some in return, but maybe if I'd have kept my mouth shut, he could have made it through the playoffs. Maybe his injury isn't so bad. Maybe he'll be back after a game or two. Hell, maybe he'll be back tomorrow. I just.don't.know. because they don't tell you these kinds of things in hockey.
Stupid Mike Green better hope I (and the ever increasing army of Letang fans) don't track him down when they get to Pittsburgh.
And Letang was the recipient of a completely bogus penalty call. (1:29 in the video below) I was at the edge of my seat watching him jump out of the penalty box (not on this video) and grabbing the puck for a beautiful shot on Varlamov.
Missed call on Cooke mugging (or, at the very least, tripping) at about the 5:42 mark.
Green hit on Letang (it was a clean hit) at 6:22. (I need to find a better video.)
My husband went out to play poker last night and left me to watch the game for myself. This was me near the end of the third period: 
And not because we're down 2-0. I know we can get that back. I just don't know when we'll get Kris back.
Poor kid. That picture was taken at a press conference last year, during the playoffs, after his best friend died in a motorcycle accident.
This year, he could potentially be really hurt. I hope I'm overly worried... I just DON'T KNOW.
*bites fingernails*
If this was football, I'd know what's up by now.
No comments:
Post a Comment