Tuesday, January 22, 2008

RIP Heath

"Morning Yearning" by Ben Harper
directed by Heath Ledger






"I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have a day planner and I don't have a diary. I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future." - Heath Ledger



*sigh* It's so sad.



8 comments:

MM said...

I don't even know what to say. It's been along time (if ever) that I've felt this heartsick over a celebrity's death. I've loved watching him (in pictures) with his daughter Matilda...I'll miss seeing him.

Glowie said...

I've been worse over a celebrity death once. It was almost 14 years ago though so I forgot how much it could sting.

From Ryan's blog (he posted the Ben Harper video):

1979 - 2008 - Make Every Moment Count
Category: Life

1979 - 2008

Please watch this video. It is one of the most stunning visuals ever
put to music and a great young talent directed it. I have always
anticipated knowing Heath Ledger, being friends, working together in
some respect as my music gets out there so I write this only minutes
after the news broke that the brilliant artist was found dead in his apartment. I did not know him but I have felt him the way many have in the way he brought things to life. I would see him ride his bike around the neighborhood and know that he was destined to be very important to our culture. I am sure that his memory will be forever great. On a personal note, I believed that when my music got out bigger in the world that he would hear it and we would somehow be brought together through art. That day will not come now so I offer those who read this a glimpse into his eyes with this beautiful video. My prayers are with him now and deepest condolences go out to his family. Greatness has left us today and I can feel it in the New York air.

- make every moment count -

Buggy said...

Thank you, Glowie

His death is a huge loss

Glowie said...

hi buggy.

Yes, it is.

Jen said...

That is a beautiful video.

He will be missed. :(

*hugs* Glowie.

Glowie said...

I really feel like there's something wrong with me sometimes. Why should his death have such a profound impact on me? Beautiful people die every day. People who have that potential to make the world better. With all the grotesque human beings that inhabit our planet, it seems there are too few people like Heath who have that ability to erase some of the ugliness with the beauty they see. I hope he knew that... that he made the world more beautiful. That's something you would want to know before you die.

Schnookie said...

Great video and terrific pics, except for the last one.

RIP Heath. Very very sad.

Puffy said...

Lovely tribute. And so sad.