Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year Music Survey

List 10 artists you've seen live. No peeking at the questions first.

1. Ryan Star
2. Lukas Rossi
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. PovertyNeck Hillbillies
5. Fleetwood Mac
6. U2
7. Ani Difranco
8. Metallica
9. Bob Dylan
10. Kenny Chesney

Song you wish you'd seen number 2 do?
hmmm. Lonely Ones.

How many times have you seen number 3?
Only twice. I wish I could say I’ve seen him 1000 times. Seeing Bruce live is like... a really important thing to do. It's one of those things where if somebody says (which somebody did say to me just the other day) "I don't like Bruce Springsteen," I just don't understand. It doesn't compute. Can't wrap my brain around it. I looked at her like she was an alien and then said, 'huh' and laughed a little. Because what else can you do?

Where did you see number 9 play?
Gosh. Everywhere in and around Pittsburgh, it seems. My ex-boyfriend dragged me to quite a lot of Bob concerts.

Favorite song number 8 played?
sheesh. So you’re asking my favorite Metallica song, basically? Nothing Else Matters. Maybe. I don’t know.

Who did you see number 7 with?
I’ve seen her quite a bit. The first time I saw her, she opened for Bob Dylan. The first several times I saw her, I was with exbf. The last time I saw her, I was with my friend, Dee (pretty much because I dragged her).

Favorite venue you've seen 4 play?
Fayette County Fair! Where else can you watch a great band, pet a cow, and suck on a frozen chocolate banana all at the same time?

Favorite concert moment from number 6?
We upgraded our seats right before the show. We were very close to the catwalk-y thing. Very close to Bono for a good bit of the show. My least favorite moment about that show was having to pee so bad and being horrified to go alone. I don’t remember where we were but I remember it being unfamiliar territory.

Best thing about number 1's performance?
He’s captivating, intoxicating, mesmerizing, amazing. You cannot take your eyes of off him when he’s singing... or at least I can't. His voice and his passion envelope me.

Why did you go to see number 10?
because it’s Kenny effin Chesney. That’s why.

How many times have you seen number two?
Only once. I intend to see him again with his new band, Stars Down.

Favorite concert you've ever been to for number 8?
I saw them my sophomore year in high school (wait, was that sophomore year?) with an ex-boyfriend, Rob. Queensryche opened for them.

Best cover song you've seen from number 4?
She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy. Ha. They do a few covers but I’ve only seen them do that one once or twice. Fun.

Would you go to see number 7 again?
oh gosh yes! I don’t go to many concerts these days but I’d love to see her every chance I get. Unfortunately, the reason I don’t go to many concerts is because nobody I know (that lives near me) would go see the bands I want to see.

Song you never really liked until seeing number 1 in concert?
I love all of his songs.

Which albums do you own from number 6?
I think all of them.

Worst thing about number 3's concert?
The second time I saw him, I was in the absolute very last row. But even that? was a good seat for a Bruce show.

The only three songs that number 3 would have to play to make a concert?
(He’d only have to play one song to be worth the price of admission for me. And that’s)
Thunder Road (absolute favorite song ever)
Jungleland
The River

How far did you travel to see number 5?
Not very. I’ve seen them a few times (and Stevie Nicks solo a few), the farthest was about an hour and a half away.

9 comments:

Bravie said...

1. AC/DC
2. Barbra Streisand
3. Melissa Etheridge
4. Wham
5. Big & Rich
6. Tina Turner
7. Depeche Mode
8. Pink
9. The Pretenders
10. The Grateful Dead

Bravie said...

She sang all of her popular hits.
Oh gosh, I've seen her probably 20 times?
I saw the Pretenders at The Warfield.
Get this party started. (that was what was famous when I saw her)
With my brother and my ex girlfriend.
I saw them at Oakland Stadiumm and Henry J Kaiser. I preferred Kaiser.
Seeing Bill Walsh outside of the theater on our way in.
They freaking rock.
Because I wanted to be able to say that I have taken acid and seen the Grateful Dead.
Just once
I can't asnwer anymore right now. I just got called away for a few minutes.

arkie said...

I don't think I've seen 10 artists live.

Let's see...
1.Heart
2.Eddie Money (was opening act for Heart)
3.The Rolling Stones
4.Bryan Adams (was opening act for the Stones)
5.The Eagles

Oh wait! If I count the artists I saw at M.I.M, I can possibly have 10.
6.Jonny Lang
7.The Spin Doctors
8.Tommy Castro
9.... or maybe not... I know I saw more acts at MIM than just 3, but I can't remember who...

arkie said...

He did his most popular ones, so I have no answer.

Just once.

Whatever band I couldn't think of would have been at the Memphis in May festival.

Can't remember the name of the song.

It was at the MIM, and I was with Asrai.

Only saw him at the one place, and it was at the War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.

Just hearing him sing. And if you hear him talk, you really wouldn't believe that he has such a deep voice when singing.

It was my first concert, so it was just cool being there, and hanging with my friends.

They were at the festival...(whoever they were)

Just the one time.

Only saw him the one time, so I guess that has to be the favorite.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any cover songs he has done.

Abso-freaking-lutely!

I don't think seeing Heart in concert actually changed my opinion of any of their songs. I still liked the songs I liked, and still didn't care for the songs I really didn't like before the concert.

I think I only have his first one. I love the song "Lie to me".

My seat in regards to being able to see the stage. They had large props (inflatables, I think) behind them that also came up around on the sides of the stage, and whenever Mick went to the back of the stage, I couldn't see him at all - only when he was at the very front.

Beast of Burden
Blinded by Rainbows
Girl with faraway eyes

About 40-50 miles - from Des Arc to Little Rock.

lights said...

1. April Wine
2. Ricky Scaggs
3. Triumph
4. Nazereth
5. Blue Rodeo
6. Dr. Hook
7. REO Speedwagon
8. Stompin Tom Conners
9. Alabama
10. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Can't remember what he sang that night so I don't know what I missed out on. It was 20 years ago. :D

I've seen Triumph at least twice, maybe three times.

Memorial Gardens, North Bay.

The Hockey Song!!! Or Sudbury Saturday Night. It's a tie.

We saw REO at the Heritage Festival in North Bay with our friends who split up two years ago. :(

Only saw them once. Dusterboy and I were discussing this concert on the way home tonight. It was about 30 years ago and I was the DD that night. Everyone else was high on acid and I was the "responsible" one. *sigh* We stopped at McDonald's after the concert and I asked for a pop, not orange and not large. They came back with a large orange for me. *snort* Friggin' druggies!

Favorite moment from Dr. Hook? Turning around to find Dusterboy sparking up a big fattie in the middle of all the 20 somethings while Dr. Hook was singing Freaker's Ball. They were all looking for the source of the smell and they looked surprised to see it was the old guy that could have been their Dad. *snicker*

April Wine was the first concert I went to after our son was born. The best part of the concert was just that, being out of the house!

We saw NGDB with Alabama. Friends bought the tickets and asked us to come with them. Alabama sucked. NGDB stole the show completely!

Just once. With my parents, in the front row.

I've only seen him once so it was my favorite.

No idea.

Would I see REO Speedwagon again? Sure. But not if the tickets were expensive. We saw them at an outdoor festival where they were one of many acts. I liked them but wouldn't pay big money to see them again.

*shrugs* The one with the big drum solo.

I think we have a couple 8 tracks of Dr. Hook's but I don't think we own any albums or CDs of his.

Too long ago to remember anything bad.

No idea. I don't think I could even name 3 Nazereth songs.

60 kms each way. Three times. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Blue Rodeo. I even played them for Breezy and Carey in the boat this summer. I? Am a Cuddy slut. I would travel to the end of the earth for him. *dreamy sigh*

My scroller finger is sore now. *grin*

yvonne said...

Hi Glow Pop! *happy new year smooch*

And? LOL@ Bravie seeing Wham. :-)

Schnookie said...

Did you see Metallica with the orchestra? I bought their CD "S&M" because I love the song "No Leaf Clover".

*giggles with Augie over Bravie seeing Wham in concert*

Puffy said...

This looks fun, but my answers will be quite different from yours.
1. Paul McCartney
2. Simon and Garfunkel
3. James Taylor
4. Carole King
5. Rod Stewart
6. Bruce Springsteen
7. The Who
8. Bob Dylan
9. Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young
10. Rolling Stones (3 times; once Sheryl Crowe opened, another time Joss Stone opened, the last time Bonnie Raitt opened for them)
11. Elton John
12. Eric Clapton
13. BB King and Jeff Beck
14. Steve Miller
15. Neil Diamond
16. Tony Bennett
17. Frank Sinatra
18. Billy Joel
19. Barbra Streisand
20. The Eagles


I wish I had seen Simon and Garfunkel sing El Condor Pasa

I've seen James Taylor 3 times.

I've seen Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young at 2 different venues, the most recent was the Hollywood Bowl.

Favorite song that Bob Dylan played: Tangled Up In Blue

I saw The Who with my husband and 3 other couples.

Favorite venue for Carol King: the Greek Theater.

Favorite Springsteen moment: the whole concert!

Best thing about McCartney's performance: again, the whole thing; the atmosphere, the electricity and excitement in the air.

Why did I go see the Rolling Stones? Why not? They're history!

How many times have I seen Simon and Garfunkel? I've seen them once as a duo and I've seen Paul Simon twice; once he was with Bob Dylan.

Favorite Dylan concert? The one with Paul Simon.

Would I see The Who again? Yep.

I liked all of Paul McCartney's songs.

Bruce Springsteen's albums that I own: The Seeger Sessions, The Rising, Greatest Hits.

Worst thing about James Taylor's concert: uh, too short?

How far did I travel to see Rod Stewart? Which time? All the venues I've seen him at were about 30-45 minutes away.

Great topic, Glowie. This was fun!

Glowie said...

Carey? Wham? heh. What was that song? With the toes in the sand or something? Crap. I forget.

Arkie, I love Jonny Lang.

Lightsy, very interesting list you got there.

Thank you, Augie. Happy New Year to you as well. *smooch*

Nook, strangely, I cannot remember if I saw them with the orchestra or not. It's bugging me. I want to say I didn't but something is poking at me telling me I did. ExBF and I went to A LOT of concerts, man. I'm not even sure I can guess how many times I've seen Bob, the Stones or Metallica... or Ani Difranco anymore.

Puffy, I saw Paul Simon with Bob Dylan too. ExBF also took me too a bunch of Rolling Stones concerts. They were always fun but my favorite one was when Jane's Addiction opened for them.