Saturday, August 19, 2006

so okay

The funeral home thing was pretty rough. They had the viewings Thursday and Friday afternoons and evenings. The service was last night. I tried to be the okay one. You know, sitting there with Shawn and his parents. I mean, I've only been a part of the family for four years. I should be their rock. So I sat there thinking about my tongue stud and wow I should have really changed it for this whole thing because it has devil horns and says "devil woman". That somehow didn't seem appropriate. I thought to myself, I should be sitting with Renee so I can take her baby if she starts fussing so Renee doesn't have to get up and leave. I thought about everything except for what the priest dude was talking about. Quite frankly, when I did listen to him I almost wanted to roll my eyes. Not because... well, I don't know why. "The Lord felt Rickey had completed what he was put here to do..." yadda yadda yadda. ugh. Whatever dude. Then he started talking about Rickey's (I spelled his name wrong in the other post. Forgot the 'e') daughters. That was it, man. His youngest daughter is twelve. When she saw me Thursday night, I reached out to hug her and she just put her head on my chest. It broke my heart. His oldest daughter lives in Texas. Her husband is in the military. He is going back to Iraq in three weeks. I so much want for her to stay here while he's over there. *sigh* So, when he started talking about his daughters, I couldn't take it. I stopped being the rock. And I started to think, I only got to know him for four years. I didn't get to know him well or long enough. Funny how the mind does shit like that to you.

And FTR, when I did hold Renee's baby, it felt really really good. So my mind played some tricks with that too. Sorry, Glowie, unless you win the lottery, no bebbies for you.

13 comments:

Jen said...

Like I told you before, everyone needs their chance to break down. No one should have to feel like they need to be the rock.
As far as babies go, I think you'd be surprised at what you could do if you put your mind to it. Don't rule it out completely just because you don't think you are financially able. You'd have to make sacrifices, but the joy of a baby would be worth it. And you know I think you would be a wonderful mom.
Love you big. *hugs*

Bravie said...

*hugs*

arkie said...

*hugs*

Seana said...

Please allow me to offer my condolences.

So very sorry for your loss.

mm said...

It was really thoughtful of you to want to be the rock, Glow. Just be sure to take care of you, too.

{{hugs}}

Schnookie said...

*BIG HUGS* Glowie. My condolences to you and Shawn.

~Nutz said...

{{{hugs}}}

Breezy said...

*hugs*

Surveysez said...

((hugs))

Aislinn Sirk said...

um.. yeah.

I'm really sorry

mtw said...

{{{HUGS}}}

Monstah said...

I love you, Glow Pop. Don't put too much on your shoulders. Believe it or not, you are doing a great job.

*HUGS*

Glowie said...

thank you. *smooooooooches all around* Thanks for the hugs.

Jen, love you big. Monsty, thank you so much. You always know what to say.

*sigh*
Anyway......