
Am I supposed to dislike him? Is he supposed to be a "villian"? Admittedly, I haven't seen the entire season, so if you want to fill me in on some of his backstory, feel free. We've been watching for a few months and I haven't seen anything to make me dislike him. *shrug* Now before you go and get all uppity on me, it isn't only because I find him really really attractive. It certainly helps but it's not the only reason I'm drawn to him. I've read the thread at that place and the only things I've seen about him are "stupid Alex" "I can't believe Alex did that" "I don't like Alex". No backstory to fill me in.
Of course, I really don't like Meredith and I'm guessing I'm supposed to. I don't like whatshisface either. I like the wife (Addison?). Of course, again, I didn't see the beginning. But from what I have seen the wife and Alex are my favorites. So, of course, he's leaving the show. Was that confirmed?
47 comments:
I have no clue. Never watched an episode. I always miss out on the good shows. And I can't just start watching in the middle. I'll have to catch it on dvd.
He is pretty cute, though. :)
*smooch*
They had a recrap episode a few weeks ago (last week?). I still don't understand. He's a womanizer? He told Denny about him and Izzy? He's honest with patients? What's the bad part? He makes the show interesting. Ummm, and easier to watch.
I liked him until last week when he let the guy know what Addison did. That pissed me off.
Meredith bugs me, but since I'm pretty sure she's not going anywhere, I'm trying to be ok with her. It's a great show overall, I think.
Did you know he ("Alex") has 5 kids IRL?
See? *sigh* That doesn't make me dislike him.
No, I didn't know he has five kids.
He never bothered me before. But yes, this week pissed me off. He's just playing dirty by ratting on Addison and I don't like it.
Don't know which show this is from, but he is hot!
Sorry! Grey's Anatomy, Sonya. heh.
But seriously, I need a rundown or something.
I missed a few shows so I didn't see him ratting out Addison.
He has 5 kids? Crap, are they all his? How old is he?
I don't mind him. He is very cute.
I like them all actually.
Glowie, it could be people aren't crazy about him because he can't seem to committ to the blond(e) girl and she likes him. I think they both really like each other but he can't committ.
I think Addison is the hottest one on the show.
What do you think about Denny?
*sits in the corner with a bottle of vodka, feeling left out*
Aww, I like Denny. But you have a good point. If he's going to die, it was definitely selfish of him.
*grabs Jen's vodka*
Jen knows my weakness.
*sits in the corner with Jen and takes her vodka*
*forgets about cute doctor*
*forgets about vodka, makes out with cute doctor*
She wasn't always in love with the patient. He's a sweet guy though. He loves her. He's not making her love him. He just wants her to take a chance at love I guess.
Alex hasn't always treated her very well. Was a shitty thing for him to tell the patient about him and her. IMHO.
I think he (Alex) was trying to protect her from getting hurt. The guy is going to die.
And like I said, I haven't seen the show from the beginning. Did Izzie give Alex any reasons to commit to her previous to falling for a dead guy? (Besides fucking him, I mean.)
Ahhhhhhh, Alex trying to protect her from getting hurt because the guy is going to die makes a lot of sense. Completely changes everything.
Thanks for that perspective Glowie. It makes total sense now.
Well, I'd consider fucking to be a reason for committment LOL.
That's why I want to see it from the beginning. Or be filled in on all aspects of the "Alex is terrible" mindset. Because if that's (big mean Alex told Denny about him and Izzie) the reasoning, I don't get it. If it's about him being honest with patients, I don't get it. If it's about him being a womanizer, I don't get it. He's relatively young and not committed. Why not take advantage? If it's because he didn't commit to Izzie, I don't get it UNLESS she wanted him to and verbalized (not oralized *giggle*) that fact to him. Because fucking somebody doesn't mean you want to commit to them. At least, not as a rule.
Hey! Why'sh evurybody tryin' to shteal my vokda? I mean vodka.
*collapses in a fit of giggles*
I luv youse guysh. I really, really do.
Crap, what's it going to take for you to not like him Glowie? Murder?
Just kidding. It's a character. The reasons that we may like someone are the not the same other people would like them. Just look at AI LOL.
LMAO at "oralized" :-)
*paints a yellow happy face on Jen's face*
I know, Nookie. I guess I'm just confused. I mean, are those the reasons people don't like him or is there more to it that I haven't seen? I'm cool with liking characters other people don't. (TBag is one of my favorites on Prison Break, for cheese sake. But I know why other people don't like him. I know why I'm not supposed to like him.) I just don't know WHY they don't like him.
*takes Jen's vodka away from her*
Alex had some STD, gave it to a nurse, who gave it to George! GROSS!!
Meredith has her moments, this past Sunday I liked that she could admit that she is scary and broken. And I loved what she said to McDreamy, the strong side is good.
I am enjoying this show for its humor too.
I think I'll need to rent the dvd whenever it comes out. I'm sure I've missed a lot.
Oh yeah JenB, I remember now about the STD. Poor George LOL.
Hey JB! It was syphilis right? That's why you don't like him? STDs are common. I've had one (not syphilis) myself. Didn't pass it to anybody, thank goodness. It made me dislike my ex-boyfriend (because he knew he had it - Well, he sent me flowers and said he just found out but I didn't believe him because it's not in my nature to do so.) but it doesn't make me dislike people who aren't passing STDs to people while knowing they are passing it to people. *kicks long-haired, guitar-playing, gorgeous ex-boyfriend* Did he know he had it before he passed it? If he did, I'll jump on the wagon with the rest of y'all "Alex is a big mean man" people. But, admittedly, I probably still wouldn't dislike him. :P
Yeah, Nook. I'm definitely renting it.
I think he knew he had it.
*sobs over lost vodka* Glowie ish meany pansh
I'm renting it too. And then I'm coming back to this post to see wtf you all were talking about. :)
He did?!! Thanks, Nookie. *makes one mark on Bad Alex side*
LOL, Jen. You'll like it, I think. It's a good show.
Oh! And Jen, I am not mean. *kicks drunk Jen*
Yeah. Tell that to the women on your Bucky board. *snort*
*rubs shins*
I hope he stays around, but he really has to learn about the shades of gray. He is always so convinced he is right and everything is so black and white.
But I'd "feed the beast" with him.
I could not think of which STD but yeah he knew he had it...and was mean to George when George found out!!
Honesty is the best thing...sorry if I offended with my comment about the grossness, its just that if you are not telling people and passing it, that gives me the creepy factor that maybe you are not getting treated!
smooch
No offense taken, JB. *smooch* I just wasn't sure if he was passing knowingly.
I just watched this week's episode last night. He did a c-section and saved that baby's life! That earns him a million bonus points.
k. I added Season One to my Netflix list.
yeah I admit I was proud that Alex did his job and actually cared that he did it well. Makes it hard to dislike the guy!!
I will add it to mine, too. When is it being released? I have so many shows to watch!
Oh. It's already available. And it's only 2 discs. Has there been a 2nd season? I thought it was still in season 1.
*confused*
I thought this was still Season One too, Jen. I think somebody somewhere said S1 was only 9 episodes.
Ah. Must've been like that Brian show where there a very few episodes in S1. *shrug*
Jen!!!!!!! Did you watch What About Brian? I love that show. *sigh* I really watched last night. Like really watched it. The acting was phenomenal. Especially that last scene. Wow. All three of them were superb. Poor Adam.
Yes, I did watch. I like it. I'm really hoping that Dave does not go through with sleeping with that internet girl.
Adam is a turd. Ever since the first episode where he said he would break up with Marjorie for the pact. *rolls eyes* But he's hot. *grin*
I don't see how this marriage will survive. I think he totally should sleep with Susan/Suzanne/Susanna.
But he didn't break up with her. He realized that it was a bad idea. When he said earlier about Deena and Park Dad "people don't fight like that unless they're sleeping together." Then he sees Brian and Marjorie fighting. gah! *sniff*
I'm glad Sonya asked my question. I've never seen the show either. Lots of people at work talk about it though.
Alex is arrogant. Alex is rude to the other cast members and has no compassion. Alex said he liked Izzy but for some reason wouldn't even kiss her. Izzy caught him "doing the nasty" with said nurse in the on-call room. Alex didn't pass his first tests to be an intern. Alex goes against everyone always and while honesty is good, he's cruel with his honesty (some things are best left unsaid). Alex didn't try to save Izzy from the patient, Alex is controlling and while he doesn't want Izzy he doesn't want anyone else to have her. Alex is bluntly honest with patients to the point of oversharing. Alex will disobey parent's/surgeons' wishes when their children are being treated.
Basically Alex is only concerned with Alex.
At least that's my take on him. I don't like him at all. He may make a brilliant doctor some day but his bedside manner sucks.
Oh - this isn't real????
I think Alex is your basic self-serving jerk. He has moments where his self-interest works out for other people too, but that's just happenstance. He's a jerk.
The first season is short because the show was a January fill-in for Boston Legal, which went on some kind of production hiatus. Anatomy was such an instant hit that it knocked BL right off the air until the following fall.
Okay. 30STM has a song called "Was It A Dream?" In it, Jared sings "...yeah, I'm a selfish bastard..." and it makes me tingly. Most of the guys I'm drawn to are selfish bastards. I'm sure that explains it.
Thanks for the info, Swami!
Post a Comment