Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Six feet deep

So I was watching Six Feet Under last night. I have always thought that I wanted to be cremated. That's because I didn't think what I really wanted was legal. I don't want to be embalmed and looked at days after I die. I don't want to be put into a wooden box. Nate's funeral was the funeral that I want. Put a picture of me in the room. Have some people say a few wonderful things about me. Wrap me in a woolen shroud. Put me in the ground.

I want a green funeral. Just in case anybody asks any of you.

21 comments:

Schnookie said...

Yep, I'm for cremation also. I remember the very moment I made that decision. My 10-yr old cousin died during heart surgery. I'm not sure if they were able to bury her right away because it was wintertime and the ground was so solid, but we did have a graveside prayer with her casket and I walked away in total panick at the thought that she was going to buried in the cold ground. I truly freaked out at that. I was about 22 yrs old at the time.

Bravie said...

Duly noted.
I do NOT want to be cremated. Bury me at Candlestick park.

Glowie said...

Nookie, I don't want to be cremated. I want to be buried in the ground without the box.

jenbeauty said...

That is how my auntie wanted hers. Cremated, pictures, no going to the cemetary and no viewing type thing.

I think that is best for me as well. The cemetary is always the hardest part.

Schnookie said...

Oooooooooh, guess if I could watch Six Feet Under, I would have understood what you meant LOL.

Glowie said...

oh boy. I better edit. Now you all think I want cremated.

Jen said...

I understood that you used to want to be cremated, but wasn't sure what you wanted now. I don't watch Six Feet Under. *grin*

Buried in the ground without the box? Yikes.

FTR, I want to be cremated. Thank you.

Schnookie said...

I thought Monsty was the designated green funeral *grin*

Bravie said...

Can we bury you anywhere? Like in my backyard if I want to?

Glowie said...

Yes, of course. That's where I'm telling my family I want to be buried. Carey's backyard.

Bravie said...

Perfect. I have just the space. Well, I don't really have a yard though. It is a patio. But it has this 2' x 2' area of dirt that really flourishes. Everything grows beautifully there. I think it is the paint thinner we poured there. Well, in any event, I think you would go great there.

Glowie said...

hmm. How will I fit in a 2 x 2 space?

Bravie said...

We'll dig down. You'll be buried upright. It's really the new fad. I promise to put good shoes on you for cushion.

Glowie said...

heh. That'd be kind of cool. No shoes! dammit people. Pay attention to me. *grin*

Breezy said...

Cremate me and sprinkle me in the mountains out west. Thankyou.

No funeral, no viewing, just a party.

momma said...

Well...if this isn't a happy post, I don't know what is.

*rolls eyes*

Bravie said...

Okay, so cremate Glowie with her shoes on and bury Breezy in my backyard after her funeral and viewing.
Check.

Schnookie said...

LOL. My DH want's to be buried in the upright position. He says it's so he can watch what's going on. I also think he said he wants a beer in his hand. Silly man.

yvonne said...

Is it legal to be buried without a casket? I don't watch Six Feet Under so I'm not sure.

I want to be cremated because the thought of my body being trapped in the casket in the ground just skeeves me out big time.

Burn me baby, and scatter me over the Cheaspeake Bay. Or Carey's backyard. :-)

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I'll take Immortality for $100 Alex ;-)

HistoryDetective said...

I decided that I want to be cremated way back in high school when I realized that I don't want to spend eternity in a box. I want my energies released into the universe. My mother thinks that cremation is gruesome, so I better not pre-decease her or else I'll be in the box.

Hey, I flamed my way through life. Might as well flame away in death as well.