I remembered hearing this before and couldn't remember who wrote it. A quick google search, and here is part of it...
Perhaps you are the morning bird
singing joyfully at sunrise,
or the butterfly that dances
so carelessly on the breeze
or the rainbow of colors
that brightens a stormy sky
or the fingers of afternoon mist
delicately reaching over the mountains
or the final few rays of the setting sun
lighting up the skies
edging the clouds with a magical glow.
I miss your being
but I feel your presence,
In whatever form you choose to take,
however you now choose to be.
Your spirit has become for me
a guardian angel on high
guiding, advising, and watching over me.
I remember you.
You are with me
and I am not afraid. -- Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS
Much love to you both. I'm sorry I never know what to say. *hug*
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Lovely poem Glowie *HUGS*
Yes, and I send my love too. *hugs*
thanks, hon. sa-mooch.
Beautiful. Thanks to Glowie and Doomie for sharing.
*hugs* to our friends who are grieving
That is beautiful, Doomie.
Dearest Glow Pop! You warm my heart always and your kindness is always flowing. Actually, you glow with kindness. I loved the words (both yours and the poets) and thanks to Doomie for sharing that touching tribute!
I am off to (my grandmother's- for those who are wondering) wake tonight and then the funeral is Saturday. I am trying to mourn in between taking care of the little guy. I am also trying to stay light-hearted because that is what my grandmother pushed me to be.)
*smooch*
PS OFf to the Cape on Sat. Jim's family reunion. Ick. I will be foprced to be social)
Post a Comment