Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meet Katie


She's around a year old. We got her from Pet Friends. She was picked up by Animal Control. Nobody came to get her so Pet Friends went to rescue her. She's very smart and mostly well-behaved. She loves to run around the yard (she's fast!), play ball, go for walks, and cuddle when she's tired herself out. She favors her new pink tennis ball over the balls that have been hanging around the house. She tore her pink ball into a few pieces but still prefers to play with the pieces of her ball over any of the old balls. *must buy her new balls* Every time I open a bag or a box, she's right there looking to see what kind of new toys or treats there are for her. (Sasha was always like that too.) When I get home from work, she wags her whole butt and gives me kisses.

I toyed with the idea of changing her name to Sadie, for S's sake but she looks more like a Katie.

I knew we would get another dog. I just didn't know how soon. Sebastian gained weight and started looking old. He moped around and looked sad all the time. When we had his play date with Katie, he ignored her for the most part. We hung out with her for about an hour. We took a walk, we played ball, we watched them to see how they'd interact (like I said, he mostly tried to ignore her). We decided to take her home and see how it worked out. It's been going pretty well. She has some behavioral ticks (she sticks her chest out and walks towards the cats and Sebastian and makes them feel threatened... she doesn't do it all the time though, just when she's bored which makes me think she just wants to play with them) that need worked on but other than that, she's been a good fit. Soda Pop hasn't been very nice to her which is odd because he's the nice cat. I think it's because Sasha was very cooperative with his lovebutts and face cleaning. He forced Sasha to love him right from the start (when he fit in the palm of my hand). I hope they warm up to each other. My FatCat loves his goggies. *sigh*

So anyway, we have some things that still need work but we love her. I mailed her license application and her microchip transfer today. I think we'll keep her.

3 comments:

yvonne said...

I love her! Yay for you two rescuing her. I am sure the few issues will work out. *doggie scratches*

Glowie said...

She really is a sweetheart. I so wish I didn't have to work every day. I would love to spend more time with my babies.

I got an email today about this cat sanctuary... I'll have to send it to you. I thought of you immediately!

Puffy said...

Congratulations. I hope all the babies are getting used to each other by now.