Monday, February 02, 2009

Sixburgh!!!!!!!!!

Being happy that your team won the Super Bowl does not make one smug. Celebrating a sixth SB win does not make one smug. Being proud of a team you've rooted for your entire life does not make one smug.

Whining and complaining that a team that you did not want to win went ahead and won is stupid and childish. It's kind of boring too. I'm really tired today so being bored is quite annoying.

Here are a couple pictures of Santonio's "feet never touching the ground". *rolls eyes*




Somebody on a message board said that they enjoyed watching the "giant fat man run 100 yards". James Harrison was the only one who did that last night, right? I mean, I think I would have noticed somebody else doing that. Let's see some photos of this "giant fat man", shall we...


That comment didn't offend me so much as it confused me. Maybe the person didn't actually watch it?


Whatever. Slam my team and their HUGE fucking accomplishment all you want. I? am on cloud freaking nine today.

6 comments:

Breezy said...

I promise to not slam your team here. But come on! Harrison should have been ejected from the game. Punching the dood while holding him down and then shoving him when he got up?

Glowie said...

Thank you for not slamming my team.

Harrison and Woodley (who have been sent to us from heaven) were held the entire game. Being choked, etc. Who knows what Francisco said or did before Harrison "punched" him in the back. Harrison was rough, perhaps a bit OTT, but being ejected from the Super Bowl? Nah. Maybe if he pissed in dood's helmet or grabbed him by the balls. This is the Super Bowl. I don't think anybody should get ejected from the game for pushing somebody... especially by somebody who was choked and blatantly held through pretty much the entire game. That part was really difficult for Steelers fans to watch. "WHY ARE THEY NOT CALLING THIS?" "OHMIGAWD, HE'S CHOKING HIM!" could be heard a lot at the in-laws.

If you look at the officiating without bias, there were bad calls on both sides. Of course, I've had to rewatch things to see that. Because, it's the WITHOUT bias that messes up everybody's objectivity.

I'm obviously thrilled with my team winning but I am equally thrilled that St. Kurt lost. Fitzgerald played for Pitt and is a GREAT receiver. Seems like half of the Cardinals are former Steelers. Even still, I could never root for them because I do.not.like. Warner. He gets far too much credit for having the best receiver in the league to find and grab his balls out of the air.

Swami said...

It sure was a great game! I was rooting for Pittsburgh and even though Fitzgerald is considered a hometown boy around here and made a terrific catch that could have been a miracle game winner - the better team won.

Harrison is a gigantic giant of a man (not fat, sheesh) and he ran like a buffalo - not a gazelle - but man did he run. I bet he ran the fastest 100 of his life, lol!

Bravie said...

Although I am not happy with the outcome of the game, I do congratulate you on your victory. I know the feeling of having your team win and there really isn't anything better in the sport's world. Congrats.

Tummy said...

Congrats Glow. This was one year I really didn't care who won or lost and neither did dh, so he took the Steelers and I took the Cards just to make it semi fun. Turns out I had a whole household full of Steelers. It was a fun game.

I was surprised there were no close up pictures of "the feet" though. I did rib everyone good-naturedly that "my team" was robbed. Hey, it wouldn't be a football game without some of that going on. *grin

Again - Congrats!

Jen said...

Oh, the Superbowl is over already? *grin*

Congrats! Yay Steelers!