Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gizmo

I went to a purse party with my sister on Sunday. The lady that was having it is adorable. Love her. I said I wanted to see the dogs and my sister took me around back. Inside a pen were three gorgeous doggies. They have a Maltese, a Yorkie, and a Black Lab. I reached my fingers in and petted and stuck my lips in and smooched. My sister said the Yorkie is shy around new people. She said this after he licked my nose about 100 times. I said, "Really?" She said, "except for you apparently." We went back inside and I told Monica that I was stealing the Yorkie. She said I could have him because they need to get rid of him. I asked why and she said, "because he always wants to cuddle." This is a bad thing for her because she when all of their (their kids together plus her husband's from his first marriage) kids are there, there are five. A little while later, I was having a conversation with her 4 year old. I went over to Monica and said, "Okay. I'm taking the Yorkie and Jaden." She said, "Jaden's free. Gizmo will cost you." I kept asking if she was serious about getting rid of him and she said she was as long as she knew the person taking him. When her husband came home I asked him how much he wanted for Gizmo and he said, "how much you got?" I said, "Nothing. I just gave it to the purse lady." He laughed and said, "We know you. We'll take credit." I called Shawn and asked him if I could bring home a Yorkie. He said, "uh. No." I said, "Why? I got a new purse. I can put him in my old one."
DH: "honey. no."
me: "Would you turn him away if I brought him home?"
DH: "Him? No. I'll turn you away if you bring him home."
me: "fine."
DH: "I can hear you pouting. You know we don't need another animal."
me: *siiiiiiiiiiigh* "Yes, I realize that but I want a Yorkie and he kissed my nose but they said he is shy around new people so he must really like me and he likes to cuddle. You know I want a cuddle puppy. None of our cats are cuddlers and I do not want another cat."
DH: "The dogs we have cuddle."
me: "But they can't sit on my lap."
DH: "honey."
me: "I know. I'll see you later. love you."

when I got home, he was vacuuming (he's so awesome) and I went over and gave him a kiss and said, "stop for a minute so you can see the new puppy." His face dropped. heh.

So last night, I kept putting Sebastian on my lap and glaring at DH and he would roll his eyes at me.

19 comments:

Bravie said...

Oh fer crap's sake. Michelle and I have had this exact same conversation at least a dozen times. It's either a cute kitten who needs a home or a cute puppy that was just born or, or, or. I? give the same speech that Shawn does. You two (You and Michelle) need to stop it already. *stomp* I have to remind her that we are not an animal shelter. If I said yes everytime she wanted to bring home a new baby, we would need to buy a farm. *shakes head*
*grin*

Lasann said...

That's cute. I'm glad he kept the two of you.

I have a picture of my cute niece on my blog!

Jen said...

Aww. See? a small dog I wouldn't mind when I come to visit you. Big dogs just scare me, even though I know Sasha and Sebastion would never hurt me. Maybe you can talk him into it. *grin*

Glowie said...

I think Michelle and I should buy a farm together.

oh no, Lasann... I did not bring Gizmo home. LOL.

My dogs love Jen. They will be sad to hear (again) that you do not like them.

Asrai said...

Ohhh, hwo freakin' cute! You should have Gizmo. 'Nuff said!

It seemed every time the girls would go away to see their dad, I'd miss them so bad. We would enevtually end up at PetSmart to get cat stuff for Crickett and they'd have an adoption going on, or we'd end up driving by the humane society and we'd go in. Wah-lah, we've added a dog (which since ran away) a siamese, and two schnauzers by doing this!

Now? Whenever the girls are gone, we stock up on pet food before they leave and make it a point to bypass the humane sociaty! We're suckers for the fuzzy ones!

Schnookie said...

DH's like you :-)

So, what kind of purse did you get?

Anonymous said...

Yorkies are good cudlers. Michael's boss' family has them, and they are so cute.

Hopefully he'll give in.

Swami said...

I don't understand small dogs. Plus my evil sister Carole always has small dogs - so I prefer the big breeds.

Yorkies cost a fortune - I am surprised she would just give it away. Around here they are $800 to $1,000. Oh wait. I just reread that they wanted something for him. Nevermind then.

kim (weltek) said...

*snort* You are so cute.

dragonflies said...

*giggle* I just keep picturing you with Sebastian on your lap.

So what kind of purse did you get?

Puffy said...

*sniff* Same conversation with Mr. Puffy and me.

Bravie said...

I heard Bucky on the radio today. I just thought you should know. *grin*

yvonne said...

You totally need to pout until DH gives in. Any shy dog who licks a stranger's nose 100 times needs to be taken home, especially if he is a cuddler. And love the name Gizmo.

*sits on couch with Glowie and Michelle*

MM said...

Just stoppin' in to *smooch* you. :*

kim (weltek) said...

Where is Glowie, ompah weee?
Where is Glowie, ho hineee?
Glowie Glowie Glowie.
Glowieeeeee.

Bravie said...

Doesn't anybody update anymore?

Lasann said...

*SMOOCH* you know why.

kim (weltek) said...

I miss Glow.

yvonne said...

*looks around for Glow*