Saturday, June 23, 2007

Caribbean Queen

Getting ready to board:

I found this sign in Bermuda very amusing:


The start of our St. Maarten adventure:

Stunningly beautiful. Our niece got her hair braided right as we got off the water taxi in St. Maarten, so me, DH and his brother sat down with a bucket of beer and it started to pour. It rained for about 2 minutes and the rest of our day there was gorgeous.Our ship from the beach... ummm... I think this was from the beach though it seems like we were much farther away than this. hmmm... anyway, this is our ship parked beside another Royal Caribbean ship.


Funny story about St. Maarten. We went to a shopping show on the ship. The cruise Director, Allan, gave the rundown on where to shop in St. Maarten, St. Thomas and San Juan. Then he sold these books (Savvy Traveler) for $25. I spontaneously bought one not knowing if SIL was getting one or not (she was across the auditorium). Well as it turns out, she bought one too. After the show we were wondering if we just wasted $25. We looked through and looked at all the pages that said "free gift". Lots of them. So we decided we made a good decision in buying the books. So anyway, we're walking down the streets of St. Maarten and I'm looking in my purse. Along the sidewalks they have these little poles that are about thigh high and they're cone shaped on the top with holes in them (I'm guessing to rope off the sidewalks). So I'm strolling along, looking in my purse to get the Savvy Traveler out to find out where our next stop should be for our next free gift. Well. I ran into this pole. SLAMMED my thighs right into it. Now remember I said that they're about thigh high but with the cone-shape on top. So I try to catch myself so I didn't get a cone up my tootoo and momentum is wanting to flip me over but I'm trying my damnedest to stay upright or at least to not get raped by this post/pole thingy. Anyway, I feel my feet flying up in the air and I do this somersault (complete 360) and land on my purse. THANK GOD I carry a giant purse because it cushioned my elbow and my face. I landed on my free antique map of St. Maarten. :( This local guy helps me up. My SIL screams. My husband tisks (and I know without seeing him that he's rolling his eyes at me). My nephew gasps and him and my niece and BIL run to my side to make sure I'm okay. As I'm standing up trying not to bury my face in my purse or to find sand to bury my head in, I see this lady that was walking toward us. She has her hands over her mouth and she says, "Are you okay?!?!" I said "yes". And she says, "Oh thank God because that was THE most graceful fall I've ever seen! You looked like a gymnast!" I said "heh. It certainly didn't feel graceful." She put her hand on my shoulder and said she was glad I was okay.

Anyway. After shopping, we went to the beach for a little while.

Wednesday was St. Thomas. We decided to go do our shopping (for free gifts) and then take a bus tour of the island. The guy who gave the tour is a fireman (Raymond). He was a really good tour guide. After touring a bit, he drove us to the beach. We could either stay at the beach for two hours or tour the rest of the island. We opted for the beach. He said, "So you know I'll come back for you, you pay me when I take you back to your ship." Fair enough.

He took this picture of us:


Isn't my DH adorable building his sand castle?
This is a not that great picture of us at dinner that I'm sharing for some bizarre reason.
This picture was an accident but I really like it. (I have great legs.)

Packing up the suitcases. I was determined to not have more bags than we came with.



Oh yeah! Our nephew is a monkey. He wanted to try the rock wall. Never did it before. He climbed to the top in like a nanosecond.

One of the pictures we bought. I had to crop it and resize it and it got all dark and stuff. One of the picture guys was trying to talk me into buying more pictures. I told him I really couldn't afford to buy that many and he was all, "That's a shame because there are some really good ones here. You are so saucy." I liked so many of them and that is almost unheard of. There were a few that I looked really sexy (saucy) in but alas, I only got the two. As it turned out, we were never even charged for the two we did purchase. Wonder if that will hit the hubby's account later.

So I'll give a brief rundown and let you go. heh. We drove to New Jersey on Thursday and spent the night at the Holiday Inn by Newark Airport. Friday we drove to the port in Cape Liberty. The ship took sail at 5. We got to Bermuda on Sunday morning. The shops and whatnot were all closed except for this little mall on the pier so we went there and bought souveniers. Tuesday was St. Maarten. Wednesday was St. Thomas and Thursday was San Juan. Just me, SIL and niece got off the ship in San Juan. The ship left San Juan at 2 on Thursday afternoon and Friday and Saturday were sail days. I was very ready to be back home by Saturday afternoon. We got back to our house on Sunday night at about 8:30. Our babies were happy to see us.

19 comments:

Kimmah said...

you ARE quite the saucy chick! great pics--looks like a fantastic trip.

i love the word saucy.

Velva said...

It looks like you had a blast! I'm so happy for you!

Bravie said...

Great pics. You both look wonderful and it looks like you had a great time. *smooch*

Asrai said...

*grabs Glowies and plants smoochies all over her face*

I am so glad you're back! I am also go glad you brought pics to admire! You and DH look amazingly happy and sexy! Rawr!

Karen has a TON of pics from her Caribbean cruise with her family. She fell in love with the water and how the many shades of blue seemed to flow or melt right into the next shade of blue! We're planning our own Caribbean cruise next year!

I'm glad you're back! *smooch*

~Nutz said...

Gorgeous pics! Looks like you had lots of fun!

arkie said...

The pic that you say is not that great? is beautiful. I think that's my favorite one of you I've ever seen.

So glad you had a wonderful time. *smooch*

Puffy said...

Wow, Miss Saucy, you DO look saucy and cute and happy! You look so relaxed, you little gymnast you! Love the pictures and your commentary. Best of all, your babies survived and still love you.

MM said...

Yay! Welcome back! Looks like a great time was had. I'm also glad to hear the babies were ok and glad to see you.

{{hugs}}

momma said...

YAY! The pics are great and it sounds like a perfect time.

Lasann said...

Great pics. Did you find San Juan interesting. I was supposed to visit San Juan this spring - tears.

Breezy said...

Great pics!

kim (weltek) said...

You have the BEST smile. Sorry about your fall, but glad to hear it was a graceful one!

I want to visit St. Marteen. I've heard such good things. I liked shopping for booze in St. Thomas. Lots of cheap Stoli! :-)

kevingrout said...

Hey saucy lady!

Glad you guys had a great trip. The photos are fantastic.

Oh, and you have to come see me this weekend. Check out my blog for details!

Jen said...

What is it with you and running into poles? *snort*

You and Shawn are so cute. The scenery looks just beautiful. Wonderful pictures!

*smoooooooooooch*

yvonne said...

Great pics, Glow Pop. Love the one of you two at dinner. You truly are "glowing". glad you had a good time!

I bet your very best moment was walking in the door to your furry babies. :-)

Anonymous said...

I too like the word saucy. And I too love that dinner pic. At first I thought the one of you on the suitcase was one you hadn't intended to share either. Because I didn't realize at first that it was a suitcase.

Glad you had a great time.

Glowie said...

LOL Boo. My sister-in-law thought the same thing.
There is a picture of me in a sand bikini that I will not share. *grin*

Thank you all for indulging me.

Deb said...

Great pictures...Glowie, you make anything look graceful, even a fall!

SAUCY!

Deb

Schnookie said...

Love the pics Glowie. Looks like you saw some fantastic places.

*smooch*