Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Answers to the test

I was going to give it some more time but I don't think anybody else will be taking it. I thought the questions I asked were pretty easy. I guess it's hard to tell when you're doing it for yourself.

1. Chris is far and away the most talented person to ever grace the American Idol stage. Bucky is my favorite AI contestant but I do think Chris is better.

2. One. I have a sister.

3. Two. I have two dogs and three cats.

4. Monsty. I have not yet met Monsty.

5. geg is also in the Pittsburgh area.

6. Ryan Star. I saw him in Cleveland on November 7th and Edinboro on November 9th.

7. My So Called Life was my favorite television show ever until a couple weeks ago.

8. Three. I have three tattoos. Eye of Horus on the back of my neck. Dreamcatcher on my left arm. Lion, unicorn and rose on my right leg. My fourth will hopefully be VERY soon. It will be on my wrist. “hope” in my handwriting with a little star above it. The reasoning for that is because I let it get away from me and it takes me a long time to find it again. I'd just like a reminder that hope is never truly lost. Why the star? Because “Good friends are like stars.... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.”
Here are the meanings for the existing ones. I posted them on a Ryan board (*waves to my Ryan friends*) and thought you all might be curious too. I don't get tattoos just to get tattoos. 1) The Eye of Horus is represented as a figure with 6 parts - Touch, Taste, Hearing, Thought, Sight, Smell. The Egyptians saw it as a powerful symbol to protect from evil. 2) The dreamcatcher is believed to filter dreams. The good is captured in the web and carried and the evil escapes through the hole in the center of the web. 3) Lion = ferocity and power. Unicorn = mystery. Rose = messenger of emotions. That was three tattoos combined into one.
I'd like to get a wolf because they have such a tender spot with me. Then I'll be done. So one day the answer to this question will be five.

9. January 13th is my birthday. January 7th is Ryan’s. *grin*

10. Eric is my ex-husband. Shawn is my current husband. Dave is my ex-boyfriend and Andy is the drywall guy that I threw in there to humor myself.

6 comments:

arkie said...

I thought you already had a wolf tattoo. I don't know why, but I thought you did. And I even thought it was on the rib cage area of your back. (Who do I know that has a wolf there? This is *really* going to bother me.)

I thought dreamcatchers did the reverse. They *catch* the bad, evil dreams and let the good through. *confused*

Glowie said...

hmmm... maybe that's where I'll get my wolf. I really don't know where to get it. JV had a suggestion forever ago that I'm still contemplating.

oooh. Interesting. That's how I've always said it out loud but when I typed it out, I did it the reverse way. How strange. I couldn't figure out what you said that wasn't what I said. eep. I'm scaring myself lately.

If my brain explodes will somebody please take care of my husband and our babies?

Velva said...

*waves back to Glow because she's a Ryan fan*

It's cool to see your answers. I am hopelessly straight-laced in that I have no tatoos or piercings whatsoever. I'm still thinking about whether I want to do my ears.

Velva said...

Oh, and, my birthday is January 1. Ryan is smack dab in the middle of an awesome Velva-Glowie sandwich. ;)

kim (weltek) said...

The two biggest things I learned about you: This is your second marriage and you have siblings.

I posted my answers in the comments of the test on my blog.

Bravie said...

I've met Monsty. I just wanted to rub that in. *grin*
I'll take care of hubby and babies if he promises to take the garbage out for me.