Because this guy:

Lukas. Holy fucking mackerel. *puts feet up on desk and enjoys the competition because it's over already*
And this guy:

Ryan. The stuff on his myspace page is a-ma-zing. His recorded voice is a-ma-zing.
And this guy:

Josh. This picture does him no justice at all because it does nothing for me but man oh man, he certainly does. yummy.
And this woman:

Dilana. I want to follow her around everywhere. Leash, dog collar, ballgag, whatever, as long as I never have to stop following her around, I'm cool.
And this woman:

Storm. She's beautiful and crazy and largely talented.
They are so fucking amazing. Everybody on this show is so incredibly talented. It seems criminal that most of us have never heard of any of them before this. I was so totally convinced that nothing could top JD, Marty, Jordis, Neal and Deanna from last year but wow... I think I'm more impressed this year. Well, Marty is on par with this group.
I want to be a rockstar. *sigh*
44 comments:
I agree that this years pool is quite talented. I think that Lukas, Dilana or Storm could easily front this band. I think Lukas is probably the best fit. Amazing. I'm going to enjoy this year muchly.
But do you think I am a rockstar?
Dilana scared me but I'm looking forward to seeing more of her singing.
Lukas rocked! And, he's a Canuck *WOOHOO* Damn, those Canuck's are talented! LOVED LOVED LOVED his performance.
How about the guy that sang Police's "Roxanne" *SNORT* How the hell did he get on the show?
I did not like Josh. He made funny faces.
I'm in love with the male host. Damn if I can remember his name. He's HOT!
Oh and Glowie? You are my ROCKSTAR! *smooooooooooch*
Dilana is insane.
Lukas. I'm speechless.
umm. Chris. Yes, Chris Pierson. He's actually very good. Just picked a bad song because they didn't realize he was putting his own twist to it.
You didn't like Josh?!?! Oh my. His intro was perfect. His performance was perfect. His answers to their on-the-spot questions were perfect.
Dave Navarro.
Thank you, Nookie!!!!! *smooooooooch*
So I get Toby, right? *grin*
LOL. I thought his name was Dave but thought I had to be wrong because it's such a common name.
Nope. I think Josh has a cocky look and I don't like cockiness. I'll see next week.
Ryan looks like Adam Sandler in that picture. His name is Ryan Star. Isn't that the name of that American Idol girl from a few seasons ago?
You thought Chris was good? I thought he completely sucked. Again, we'll see how he sounds with a better song choise.
Of course you are a Rockstar, Glowie. *smooch*
Yes, Jen. You get Toby. :-) *smooch*
Josh is swoonworthy. You'll see. *grin*
Ryan Starr was the Idol chick. I liked her too. She may have to n's also.
Chris is very good, yes. Otherwise he wouldn't be there, right? check out his band's myspace page www.myspace.com/streetlightsyndrome
I guess the same could be said for Jenny but I did not like her at all. Her songchoice didn't help either. *gag*
Thank you, Sunshine. *grin* *smooch* *lick*
*two n's
hmm. Jenny might be the one that's in the band that performs at erotic balls and whatnot...
Who was Jenny? Which song did she sing?
I am totally with you on Dilana. She is fucking amazing. Storm totally rocked, too. I also liked Jill (the short blonde). The blonde from Canada (Jen? Jenny?), I wasn't impressed with. I liked Toby a whole hella bunch. I didn't really care that much for Ryan or Josh. I liked the Iceland guy's voice, but not his stage presence. I can't think of the other guy's name (Ben? Matt?) that I liked. I'm talking about the one who had worked in corporate real estate. I liked his voice, but I'm not sure he's a good fit for this band.
Dilana is scary, but in a good way. I really hope she sticks around in the competition for a loooooong time.
Jenny sang that horrid Nickelback, Nookie. *vomit*
Arkie - Matt is the one that worked in corporate real estate. He did a Coldplay song (Yellow).
Here, Nook. This is from Rockband.com:
Chris has emerged as one of Atlanta's most successful singer/songwriters. With his romantic lyrics and effortless delivery he captivates fans everywhere he performs. This has made him one of the most sought after up and coming artists. Chris released his first solo EP "Out of the Blue" in 2003 and has recently been working on new material.
He also told SoundClick "Screw all the people that say the internet has destroyed the industry. There so many great artists out there and it used to be impossible to get heard by a mass audience if you didn't have a certain niche or a particular "look" about you, but now an artist doesn't even need a face to be appreciated. Now that's cool!"
Oh, I think Jenny is the Canadian girl. I was hoping she'd be good but I wasn't that impressed with her.
Thanks for the info Glowie. I'll definitely be watching the show again next week. I love it. We'll see how they do with different songs.
*completely lost*
*not even sure what show we're talking about*
*still thinks Glow's a Rockstar!*
Jenny is the Canadian, yes.
Nookie! I am in love with this song on Ryan's myspace page called "Back of Your Car". It makes me very swoony. He says something about taking off your clothes and we might as well just fuck. But it's totally classy the way he sings it. *fangirl* His page is "rstar" instead of "ryanstar" because some weird girl has that page. Go listen. I'll wait.
MM! Rock Star Supernova. You have to watch it. You have to! *pout*
Oh. And Dilana has a version of "Hit Me Baby" on her myspace page. "dilanarox"
I can't listen to anything from work. *pout*
"let's just fuck" Oh yeah, real classy *snicker*
You know, everytime I scroll down the pics I have to stop at Dilana. Man, does she have a body or what? *wolf whistle*
Back off, Nookie. Do I have to remind you, as I do Glow, that you women are straight. Get the hell out of my territory. *glares at Nooks and Glow*
I would just like to point out, Carey, that I never try to steal your women. I am a nice little hetero, and obviously I love you the most.
(Just stay away from MM. I had her first!)
Duly noted, my little sweet thang.
Well, Chris stepped up a notch with his "LA Woman" song last night. He sang that well.
OMH, that Lukas is a tool! I was so ready to love him then he turns out to be an arrogant ass. *sigh*
Chris did step up but I think what really saved him was Matt choosing to "rock" more with Duran Duran. Now hey, I love Duran Duran but come.on.dumbass. And I just noticed last night that Chris is really hot.
heh. If possible, I'm more in love with Lukas now. :-) He's fucking awesome.
Is it wrong that I don't watch this show?
yes. :-)
LOL. You're a nutbar Glowie :-)
Silly fangirl!
*smooch*
that's me, mean terrible nasty nutbar fangirl Glowie.
Yes! I like Lukas and Dilana so far!
I missed a few of the first performances and am not familiar with all the names yet.
I think two of them Jill(maybe her name? Sang Joplin) and Ryan are from Long Island. She was pretty decent too.
Unfortunately I missed Ryan's performance. I am excited about this year's show. More than I thought!
Ryan is great. Jill is a midget.
I am excited too by this year's contestants. ummm. Very excited.
*points and giggles at Glowie*
You're a rockstar fangirl! You're a rockstar fangirl!
Help! I just went to the Bucky boards to show my Buckylove some love and got distracted by their "Rock Star" thread. Keep in mind please that these are not teenaged AI fangirls. These are women who happen to be Bucky fangirls. Much like myself in that regard. Somebody on the thread said that AI is far superior talent-wise (??????) and that same person said something to the effect of Tommy Lee and Jason Newstead don't have the talent to back up their egos (?????!!!!!) and that SAME person said Lukas sucked (?????!!!!!!!). She had a bunch of people agreeing with her. I politely commented and got the fuck out of there before I got mean about it. What I really wanted to say is something like this, "Please pull your head out of your ass. You're just bummed out because Rocky wasn't good enough to get into the competition (hey, I love Rocky too). Don't say he's better than all the contestants on this show because if he was, he'd be there and he'd be winning. Right? Jason Newstead is the absolute best bass player since Cliff Burton (I did say that) and I can't off the top of my head name another drummer as good as Tommy Lee (I did say that). Rock Star is a competition overflowing with seasoned professional singers with overwhelming talent. They already know who they are. They already have a persona. They're not made of moldable clay like the contestants on American Idol (aside from a few who graced us with their presence on that show, of course). Lukas (who you said sucked) has more personality and probably more talent than I've ever seen on any of these shows. EVER. Maybe he's not your style of music. So fucking what? Learn to open up to other styles to find talent. I'm having troubles, much like I did with Bucky haters, understanding how that honest to goodness unbelievable overwhelming rockgodlike talent is lost on some people. That's what makes me different though, I guess. I can watch a singer with a style that I'm not fond of and tell you in all honesty that I think they are good. Lukas is incredible. He's already a fucking rockstar. He commands the stage and demands your undivided attention. I was totally floored by him within the first few seconds. He made my jaw drop and my heart race. ugh. I feel like I wondered onto the AI boards instead of a board I thought to be mostly compiled of intelligent women not immature Claymate like Bucky fans. I love Bucky but I cannot come here anymore until you tell me I am right and you are all acting stupid and irrational."
You're right, and I'm stupid and irrational. *smooch*
whew. Thank you, arkie. *smooch*
Mmmmm Ryan is my favorite...
Have you listened, HD?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=y8XjlnzidLE&mode=related&search=
Lukas videos in case I lose them, I'll know this link is here. *grin*
Hi Glowie!!! *grin*
I just saw this article and thought you'd wanna know.
Cool beans! Thanks Nutzy. I was wondering when they were going to finish filming that video. It was supposed to debut on CMT on June 16th! The Friday after Ben broke his face. Thank you! woo hoo!
Post a Comment