and the incredibly lovely and adorable Mrs. Meemo was wonderful. They are really really fantastic people. Yesterday, around a quarter to five, Meemo called and said they were in their room and wanted to know if we wanted to go to dinner before the game. Yes! We did. So we went and picked them up at their hotel room. I said, "You guys watch Rock Star, right?" because I had Lukas CDs playing in the car. Mrs. Meemo said, "You're going to start talking about Lukas, aren't you?" And she giggled her adorable giggle. I looooooved Mr. and Mrs. Meemo immediately, btw. We were going to go to Station Square, eat, and take a water taxi to the ballpark. We hit pretty heavy traffic on our way to Station Square, so we re-routed to go straight to PNC Park. We figured we'd just grab a bite to eat there. (the game was starting at 7:05) Geg called me on our way to pick up Mr. and Mrs. Meemo and said she would meet us at our seats. We dropped off her tickets at the will-call booth and headed inside. We walked around trying to figure out what we wanted to eat. Shawn and I had gyros (I had a chicken gyro because lamb is disgusting). Mr. and Mrs. Meeeeeeeeemo had pizza. We kind of got separated so we just met back at our seats. Geg and her friend beat us all there. LOL. We hung out and enjoyed the game but didn't enjoy the obnoxious people behind us. heh. Happens all the time. I'm a seating jinx. Mrs. Meemo later told us that the one guy behind her kept telling the girl beside him to show him her boobs. "just show me your boobs," he kept saying. Poor Mrs. Meemo. Our seating went like this, Geg's friend (I do know everybody's names, ftr, but I don't know if they want me plastering it on the internet), Geg, Shawn, me, Meeeeeeeeemo, Mrs. Meemo. We enjoyed ourselves very much and had fun with each other. Geg and friend left before the game was over. The Meemos, Shawn and I stayed and watched the fireworks display. We had an excellent view and Mrs. Meemo was adorably impressed. After that was over, we trekked back to our car and headed out to Mt. Washington to ride the incline, which thankfully was still running. We rode down and walked over to Station Square to watch the water display. They have a water fountain that lights up at night and the lighting and the fountain go with the music that's playing. It's really very cool. We watched that for a few, walked over to see the city all lit up, ate some ice cream (at which point I said, "wow. I really ate too much today."), and headed back up the incline. We walked out to one of the lookouts so I could take pictures of the Meemos with the city lights behind them (I'll post soon). There were some fucked up 19 year old boys carrying a sign on the lookout. The sign read, "I will not die for you." They were going on about the government. I have to respect that and the fact that they (I assume) were protesting the war. But we were irritated that they couldn't wait five seconds before they practically walked in front of my shot. And slightly paranoid that they were going to jump. must.check.papers.and.news.today. We drove the Meemos back to their hotel room and said our goodbyes.
I loved getting a chance to meet the Meemos and hanging out with them. Meemo is everything I knew he is. Handsome, charming, witty, funny, warm, and friendly. Mrs. Meemo is everything you would hope that a great guy would have in a wife. She's beautiful, charming, witty, fun, warm, friendly and ab-so-lute-ly adorable. I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed our night out with them.
I really enjoyed hanging out with Geg again. We didn't get to talk to her all that much. Though I did go out to have a beer (or two) and a cigarette (or three) with her and her friend while the game was going on. Shawn said we were gone for an hour but I think that was an exaggeration. heh.
Shawn really liked them all and he would willingly hang out with any and all of them anytime the opportunity presents itself. I'm actually pretty sure he and Geg have already made plans. I love this man so much. He is everything I would hope a great girl like me (beautiful, charming, witty, fun, warm and friendly) would have in a husband. He's handsome, witty, charming, funny, warm and friendly. *big I love my husband grin*
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad that all you beautiful, charming, witty, fun, warm and friendly people all got to hang out and have a fabulous time. Who won the game, btw? Can't wait for pics. *smooooooooch*
The Pirates won. They beat the Giants. *grin*
*smooooooooch*
Wow, I can't believe all the peep meets going on lately. This one sounds particulary fun, Glow. I'm super jellus, but very happy for you all.
Oh what fun! Glad you all got to meet. Yes, Meemo is a great guy.
Sounds like a great time. *smooch*
Oh what fun! Lucky you.
Glad you had a great time!
*smoooooooooooooooooch*
So happy for you all! *smooch*
Awww, that sounds like such a fun night! I'm jealous that you got to chat with Mrs. Meemo. I didn't get to in Niagara. :-(
I agree, Meeeeeeeeeeemo is awesome. So handsome, polite, kind and charming!
And sheesh, you got to hang with Geg, too? You are a lucky girl.
Aww, that sounds awesome. Glad everyone had fun.
Yay! Glad everyone had fun.
Excellent reporting, Glow. Sounds like a terrific peep meet.
*awaits pics*
Sounds like a wonderful time!
Hmmmmmmmmmmm there were fireworks in Niagara ... Meemo was in Niagara. There were fireworks in PA. Meemo was in PA. See Meemo? You're so damn good, everyone sees fireworks when you're around. *grin*
Didn't you say you were gonna post pics? Stop staring at your icon and hop to it! *grin*
Nice recap.... but you are too kind. I think it's safe to say we had as much fun (if not more) than you did.
You helped keep up the mirage for DW that all my bloggy/OT friends are "normal" :-)
Oh, and as per the Lukas/Hawksley Workman discussion you guys were having, DW found this link for you: http://tinyurl.com/mv68a
I'm sure you've seen it already though ;-)
Thanks again for a great time!
Ho!
And yes, I'm gellus. And I think I have finally figured out what this Lukas talk is all about. It means I no longer have to compete with you for Chris, right?
Oh yeah...
And we didn't win the Powerball either. :-(
Boo! I love Chris but he is NO competition for Lukas. He was great the other night, btw.
Meeeeeeeeeeemo!
- LOL that Mrs. Meemo thinks I'm "normal". *snort*
- I have seen that article. *grin* Lukas is way cuter, btw.
- You didn't win either? *pout* The sort of good news is that nobody did. But! more bad news is that we didn't win last night either. *sigh* Maybe nobody did again and we'll buy more tickets for Saturday. :)
- *smoooooooooooooooooooch*
- When are you coming back?
Post a Comment