I thought about the potato too but then for some reason I thought that only worked for drawing out salt when you over salt something. I mean, I know it works for that but I wasn't sure if it worked for hotness too. But if you use the potato, it needs to be a raw potato.
I volunteer to eat it for you, Glow Pop. I grew up with a father who grew (and still grows) his own hot peppers. These things are HOT. Hot I tell ya!
I once won an impromptu "eat the hottest chile sauce ever" contest with my friend's BIL. He never thought I'd eat it. I did. He cried "uncle" first. *grin* He was sweating bullets and I never once blinked.
Milk or anything with a little bit of fat in it will work. The spicy chemical is organic and is only solubilized by other organic molecules (aka it is fat soluble) which is why water is not entirely effective.
(That was one of the two facts I learned in two semesters of organic chemistry.)
A bit late here, but maybe sugar? I dunno. I just remember going to this restaurant where they had really hot salsa. My tongue was burning and the waiter told me to put some sugar on it.
22 comments:
*passes Glowie a fire extinguisher*
*eats the hot chili*
Potato
I thought about the potato too but then for some reason I thought that only worked for drawing out salt when you over salt something. I mean, I know it works for that but I wasn't sure if it worked for hotness too.
But if you use the potato, it needs to be a raw potato.
I thought about potato too. I will try it. Thanks, Syren. My only other thought was to add more of everything.
umm. But not more crushed red pepper.
Milk takes the burn out.
Throw it in the trash.
Jen<-- hates spicy things and chili
Ummm, too spicy hot chili?! I've never heard of such a thing.
Chilli = upchuck twice over
A little sweet to counteract. And I'm afraid you may have to add more of the rest of your ingredients (tomato products, etc).
You could not eat it or something.
Sour cream?
*raises hand*
I volunteer to eat it for you, Glow Pop. I grew up with a father who grew (and still grows) his own hot peppers. These things are HOT. Hot I tell ya!
I once won an impromptu "eat the hottest chile sauce ever" contest with my friend's BIL. He never thought I'd eat it. I did. He cried "uncle" first. *grin* He was sweating bullets and I never once blinked.
Augie <--- Hot stuff
I'll volunteer to help Glowie and Bravie eat it. How did it turn out?
We added more of everything (ground meat, beans, tomato stuff) and it seems to be okay. I still want to throw a potato in it though. I? am a wimp.
Mmm...now chili sounds really good. Glad it turned out ok, glow. :)
Milk or anything with a little bit of fat in it will work. The spicy chemical is organic and is only solubilized by other organic molecules (aka it is fat soluble) which is why water is not entirely effective.
(That was one of the two facts I learned in two semesters of organic chemistry.)
Is it just me or does Augie seem a tad manic?
It's just you, Monsty.
It's not just you, Mnsty.
A bit late here, but maybe sugar? I dunno. I just remember going to this restaurant where they had really hot salsa. My tongue was burning and the waiter told me to put some sugar on it.
That sounds so nasty.
It worked, though.
*smoochies*
Post a Comment