I've had a horrendous couple of days. Shawn has to take medication for diabetes and check his sugar four times a day. We went to the emergency room Monday morning because he has been having chest pains. They got bad enough that we didn't want to mess around with it anymore. We talked to his uncle (at the big family picnic) on Sunday and he made us promise that we'd go. They kept him until yesterday around 7 p.m. EKGs and all the cardio stuff came back okay but his sugar was at 342. By the time we finally left yesterday, he was still at 226. (Normal range is 70 - 110.) The nurse assured me that it should go down once he starts to move around a bit. Laying in a hospital bed for a day and a half wasn't really helping that. We're hoping to regulate it with diet. The chest pains were really scary for a while there so it could be worse.
A happy note: Sebastian gained five pounds. He had his follow up appointment with the vet yesterday. She was amazed at the changes in him. She was very happy he found us. As am I. He got a lovely "welcome home" package from his aunt Monsty Doll. That arrived yesterday so it was a nice good boy present for him after his trip to the doctor. Thanks, Monsty. *smooch*
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Just keep an eye on Shawn. It can be controlled.
Yay for fat little Sebastian. *puppysmooches*
Ah crap! How long has Shawn been diabetic? Pills or shots?
*hugs* - it is quite scary!
*hugs* to you and Shawn.
Yay! for Sebastian and Monsty!
Ack!! **hugs** babe!
Glowie! Found you! I hope Shawn gets better!
*smooch*
Oh I found you all...*evil laugh*
Now that there's more then three I can say.
Glad Shawn is doing better. Yay for Sebastian.
*smooch*
*hugs*
And Yay! for Sebastian.
hugs
{{HUGS}} How is he doing now? I have been so wrapped up in myself I did not come over here yesterday. I am sorry.
*big hugs* to you and Shawn.
*chin scritches* for Sebastian
Smooch back at you, Glow Pop. And a special smooch to Shawn-a-rama. (I made up a nickname for him. I want him to feel better.)
Glowie! *BIG HUGS* for you and Shawn!!
Post a Comment