We went to the county fairgrounds for the rib festival yesterday. It was a million degrees with like a billion percent humidity. Thank goodness for cowboy hats because my hair was a frizzy disaster. My niece and nephew went to the petting zoo to feed the goats, cows, rabbits, and some kind of bird (chickens or something - I forget). We were standing outside the fence and an itty bitty baby goat came over and was looking at me. He wanted his back scratched. I kept trying to get DF to grab him. He was so small and cute. I really think he would have fit in my bag quite nicely. Even on our way out, he wouldn't grab Bitty (the name I gave the goat) for me. *sigh*
Our favorite local band was playing and we found out after we got there that today's show was a free show. That was exciting. The first opening band was bad. Didn't like them at all. The second opening band (our second favorite local band - Midnite Run) was playing and it started to pour down rain. P-O-U-R. They said they would play until they saw lightning. We found shelter under a beer tent. *grin* Then they saw lightning. They covered their instruments and went to the PNH bus. I would have rather found shelter in the PNH bus. The rain slowed a bit and we decided to go see if the mechanical bull was still running. It was. I got some comments from the lady collecting the money and the guy running the "bull". Yay me! Yeehaw! After my sister rode we went back to see if the band was playing again. They were. They played a few more songs and then our boys took the stage. I love those guys. They're amazing. Unfortunately their set was cut a bit to keep the time schedule but that's okay because I'm sure we'll see them again soon.
My aunt and uncle were there with my cousin, Kelly. Kelly said, "You have to take me to get a tattoo in September." I said, "oh. okay. Where?" She shrugged. Okay, so I'll just take her where I got my last two. "What do you want a tattoo of?" She shrugged. "Where do you want a tattoo?" She shrugged. She is going to be sixteen. She's adorable. I love her. My aunt said she could only get a tattoo if I take her.
Good times.
I didn't eat ribs because they are messy and I don't like to get food all over myself in public. I had cheddar cheese fries.
Monday, July 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Sounds like fun! Glad you had a good time.
*smooch*
So did you love the bull? The next time we see each other we should ride the bull together. While passing cherries. *grin*
YOU meanie! You got to see PNH.
*pout*
We definitely should, Carey. That sounds like fun. *wink*
Momma? Honey? I see them a lot. You'll probably be seeing them soon enough.
I want to see the pictures!
Rock on, Cowgirl!
Yee Haw!
Woo Hoo. Passing cherries with Glow. Oh yeah, and rididng the bull. *wink*
Ummmmmmm, so what kind of comments did you get when you rode the bull? *grin*
Sounds like a fun time.
Bazillion degrees with the humidity huh? *SNORT*
I think I told you the story of our company xmas party. Just a small dinner. However, afterwards, a few of us went to this C&W bar. It's HUGE! Our receptionist got tipsy and rode the bull. I think she fell off as soon as she got on LOL. Fun stuff! No, I DID NOT ride the bull LOL!
I got good comments. "good form" "impressive" Stuff like that. *grin*
Yeah! A bazillion degrees. It was hot. *fans self*
I don't think you told me the story of the co-worker and the bull. Must have been one of your other friends. *squinty eyes*
*smoooooch*
Hmmmmmmm, how many bulls have you ridden in your life? *giggle*
Actually, I don't think I told anyone. I think I was talking to myself again LOL.
*smooch*
Yeah, cheddar cheese fries are a totally unmessy food. Good call.
I won't comment on the bull because it's already been said. What happens when I arrive late to the party.
G! Good job picking up on the messy cheddar cheese fries.
*wonders what kind of comment G was going to make about the bull*
Post a Comment