Monday, July 25, 2005
And for the price of a good night's sleep, you could have had this brand new car...
So we went out on Saturday and bought some new bedroom furniture. It is a bed that he has had his heart set on for months. They were having a sale. It's still way to expensive though. Ah well. Then we went and bought a new mattress set. It is super comfy. I almost fell asleep in the store and they gave me a stuffed sheep. *grin* Anyway, the bed is a leather sleigh bed. It's gorgeous. We got new nightstands and a new chest to go with it. Now I just need another job or two. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he could have had a car for what we spent on bedroom furniture. *shrug* "but this will last you for the rest of your life." Yeah okay, whatever, saleslady. He'll want a new one in two to five years. Mattress set is coming on Wednesday. New furniture is coming on Thursday. On a positive note, I'm taking Friday off to sleep in. Yes, I know that's not productive but I don't care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Tell him I need a new bedroom set too and mine will set him back less than 5K :)
Wait? There's something wrong with taking days off to sleep in? Why didn't anyone tell me before?
People who take Fridays off are asses. *grin*
Congrats on the new bedroom set. *smooch*
The new bed will indeed last a lifetime.
Unless of course you bounce up and down on it a lot....
YAY! You're getting a cute stuffed sheep!
And? You get to sleep in on Friday!
Ooooo! A sleigh bed! Very nice! ANd a good night's sleep is more productive than you think, Glow Pop.
Iggy, trust me, I see no problem with it. I have to do it on occasion. But this time, I'm planning it. *smooch*
g, there will be minimal jumping up and down on the new bed. *grin* *innocent look*
Monsty, so I hear. I hope to find out soon. *samoocharoo*
Good for you. After all that time sleeping on a sofa, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven after sleeping on your great bed. I love my bed. Nothing better than being able to stretch my legs out, when the kitties let me *grin*
Well, nookie, heh. We've been in the house since May (with a bed and everything) and I still sleep on the couch whenever possible. Old habits and all that. *grin*
You are going to love it!
Go buy some good new sheets.
I'm so excited for you, the room is going to look amazing and be so comfortable!
I bought new sheets already. They are Egyptian cotton. We've been waiting to use the good stuff until the hallway was done. (That's a whole separate post right there.) Now, since Shawn has been forced to do the work himself (that we've already paid somebody to do), it's finally getting done. Hence the new bed, etc. *grin* Very exciting. These mattresses kick so much ass. And I got a sheep!
You had me at "stuffed sheep" ...
Post a Comment